If you’re vacationing in Coronado and you want to take a trip across the bay to San Diego, there’s no better way to see the city than with a San Diego Trolley tour. With the Hop On Hop Off tour, you can start your tour in Coronado and travel across the bridge to see the best of San Diego–and then back to Coronado at the end of the day.
About the San Diego Trolley tour
The Hop On Hop Off San Diego Trolley tour offers unlimited “hops” on and off the trolley throughout the city. There are 10 designated stops on this tour, where you can get off the trolley and explore the area.
Each stop has some amazing attractions nearby, and it’s worth taking a day to hop on and off the trolley to experience them all. The stops on the tour are listed below along with some of the attractions near each one:
- Stop A: Old Town Market
- Experiences: Old Town State Historic Park, La Casa de Estudillo, Presido Park, Fiesta de Reyes
- Stop B: Embarcadero Marina
- Experiences: Maritime Museum, Harbor Cruises, Whale watching excursions, USS Midway Aircraft Carrier, Star of India
- Stop C: Seaport Village
- Experiences: SEAL Tours, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego City Lights Night Tour
- Stop D: Marriott Marquis and Marina
- Experiences: Children’s Museum, Martin Luther King Jr. Promenade. Coming Together Statue
- Stop E: Horton Plaza Park
- Experiences: House of Blues, Shout House, Michael J. Wolf Fine Arts
- Stop F: Gaslamp Quarter
- Experiences: Gaslamp Quarter Walking Tour, William Heath Davis House, Chinese Historic District, Vin de Syrah Spirit and Wine Parlor, Altitude Sky Lounge
- Stop G: East Convention Center–Petco Park and Hilton Bayfront
- Experiences: Bayfront Park, Petco Park, Embarcadero Marina Park, Coronado Ferry
- Stop H: Hotel del Coronado
- Experiences: Coronado Beach, Coronado Walking Tours
- Stop I: Balboa Park
- Experiences: San Diego Zoo, Spreckles Organ Pavilion, The Comic Con Center for Popular Culture
- Stop J: Little Italy
- Experiences: Piazza Basilstone Memorial, Amici Park, San Diego Mercato in Little Italy
San Diego Trolley Tour Extras
The San Diego Trolley tours offer many “extras” to make the tour a unique experience. As you ride the trolley, sit back and relax as your driver tells you stories, history, and fun facts about San Diego.
The trolley ticket also includes admission to several local museums. Some regularly have free admission, but many are free due to their partnership with the trolley tours. When you visit the below museums on the same day as your trolley tour, enjoy free admission and learn more about San Diego.
- Old Town Sheriff’s Museum
- Casa de Aguirre
- Mormon Battalion Historic Site
- Old Town Railroad Depot
- African Museum–Casa Del Rey Moro
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Timken Museum of Art
- San Diego Firehouse Museum
Purchasing tour tickets
You can purchase tickets for the San Diego Trolley tour online or at a booth. If you’re staying in Coronado, you can board at McP’s Irish Pub at 10th and Orange.
An adult ticket is $40, a child (ages 4-12) is $25, and children under 4 are free. If you purchase online in advance, you can receive a discounted ticket price.
If you’re looking to plan a vacation day that offers both structure and the flexibility to explore at your own pace, the San Diego Trolley tour is the perfect solution. Experience as much or as little off the trolley as you want. No matter how you explore, you’ll have a fun day. When you return to Coronado, check into your room at the Crown City Inn, just steps from the beach, to relax and rejuvenate for the rest of your trip.